Everything for KinoKlaster

UX Research → IA → Prototype → Design → Final product

 
 
 
 

An old friend of mine started this project long ago, in 2007. Back then I made a first version of time. Due to different circumstances we abandoned this project and returned back to it a few years ago.

In 2013 I have made the second version of it, and we took a pause to see if it should be different somehow. In a couple of years we re-thought every bit of it, got back to the UX and finally...

After some time of designing it, I developed the final version, supervised the branding process, and currently I'm waiting for its launch by the end of Spring 2017.

 

2013 Edition

 
 

Prototypes & goal-driven design as the masonry

I tried to step back, take a look at what information bits do I even got, and made a prototype. Somewhat live version is still at AxShare. It wasn't extremely helpful, yet finally I gained precious knowledge of what's next — we, the team, had to cut all the functionality down to the MVP version, so I started to explore and understand users' needs, find them goals, and map all the ways that will get them to achieve those goals. Here goes the masonry: I launched Flying Logic Pro and with Elyahu Goldratt's theory of constraints in mind I was able to compile schemes like the one below, find and understand the required functionality, and start working on the UI.

 
 
 

The brand

The logotype was created by amazing Dmitry Philippov. I took part in this process as an art-director. Along with the team we chose one from a few variants, found the right font, and made some nice final adjustments.

 
 

Final design in its full glory

 

Movie references everywhere

 
 
 

Search results

 

A bunch of personal settings

 
 
 

And a brief look at an account